Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Too Hot to Handle!!!

Poached Fish Filet and with Super Spicy Sauce

The first time I tried this Szechuanese dish was in Seattle some years ago. My husband had tried it on one of his previous visits and kept telling me that I must give it a try... at least once. He did warn me that some people start sweating , some turn a bright shade of red and some even walk out of the resturant to cool off the heat... but they always come back for more.

I remember looking at the serving bowl with a ton of chillies floating of top and wondering if this was such a good idea after all :)

Long story short....

1st bite.. "Not too hot...  great smell".
2nd bite.. "Yummm... those peppercorns tastes amazing "
4rd bite.. "oooohhh feeling the heat now"
6th bite... "Ahhhh... my mouth is on fire"
8th bite.. "eyes watering/nose dripping... I'm done!!!"
10th bite... "I can't take the heat... I can't stop eating"
End of the meal... "that was fantastic... when we coming back again?"

So we used to go there quite frequently. So much so that at times, our order of szechuanese fish and stir fried green beans was brought to our table without even ordering :)

Coming back to Canada. Me and my husband googled and yelped GTA and Montreal resturants, searching of something similar ... and we finally came upon this place in downtown called the Szchuanese Cuisine on Guy.

Their fish is Good.

Not as Good as Seattle.

But, good.

Do try it if you're tired of bland boring food. One taste of the lemony/spicy/tongue numbing Pink Peppercorns and you will be coming back for more!!!

p.s. There is another place in downtown Montreal that serves fish in spicy broth thats good as well, don't recall the name. Will do a review on it soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment