Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Cafe de Khan

Starting from the farthest: Peshawari kebabs, Fried parathas,
 chicken tikka and chicken seekh kebab. 

The Ultimate Duo

I spent most of my childhood in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Once a month we used to hop in our car and drive all the way to Dubai (1.5-2 hrs away) for one reason or another. And every single time we ate at the same resturant called the "Chicken Tikkah Inn". After eating there for more than 2-3 dozen times, I started disliking it to a point that my parents got me a meal from Hardees or any other place I wanted before we headed in that direction. Then we shifted back to Pakistan and years went by and I got married. Stopping over in Dubai on our way to Canada, I took my husband to this place and after eating there, we both agreed that this was the best bar-b-q we had ever had. My parents were on to something all along :) So long story short: In search of similar tastes, we tried numerous bar-b-q joints in Canada (GTA to be precise) Some were good, some were okay and some were downright horrid... Then came Cafe de Khan... and I felt like I was back in Dubai with family, seated in this tiny resturant eating chicken tikka dipped in immli ki chutney coverd in a piece of fried paratha.... makes my mouth water even as I write :)

Their Bihari and Peshawari kebabs are pretty amazing as well. The Lamb Karahi, Matka gosht and Biryani are so-so. They even have the green colored Pakola for the nostalgic :) Oh and the chicken seekh kebab is better than the beef one.

One of the authentic desi restoz in Mississauga that should be a must try on your list. The place is small and the decore is generic. But their consistency of serving the same level of yumminess over and over again will surely lure you back for more again and again.

2 comments: